Job Description and Key Responsibilities
Location: Downtown Toronto, Canada
The Lavin Agency is the world's largest intellectual talent agency, representing leading thinkers for speaking engagements, personal appearances, and more.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager who will ensure that the marketing team is well coordinated and doing the right things so customers who need our services can find us and quickly understand how we can help them. It's not only leading the team but participating in the effort to make sure we help “Make the world a smarter place.” This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will support a department of four team members.
Think you have what it takes? Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Create and execute an annual calendar of multi-media initiatives including a large event
- Lead our strategies in SEO, SEM, remarketing, customer journeys, link building, web development, etc.
- Help the team develop rich and exciting content (blog posts, infographics, photos, videos, newsletters etc.) that makes us the best of the web in speaker representation and supports our brand
- Help the team promote content on various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) etc
- Analyze dashboards and data (Adwords, Analytics, CRM) to improve marketing strategies and efficiency
- Create strategies to generate leads so we can help as many businesses, schools and organizations as possible learn from our incredible line up of speakers
- Be on the lookout for new trends and strategies
- Act as a captain to a nimble team including a social media specialist, copywriter, editor, videographer and photographer
- You like to win
- You’re an opportunist – you find the best opportunities and new ways of doing things more efficiently
- You are self-taught and Google is one of your best friends
- You know how to manage priorities and handle your own pressure
- You have a strong desire to excel and you are determined to overachieve
- You don’t wait for others to tell you what to do. You don’t need somebody to breathe down your neck
- You use your brain intelligently and have an astute mind!
- You don’t take a “no” as a prosecution against yourself
- You are persistent and determined – you never quit on a difficult task
- You are self-sufficient self-starter
- You have a positive attitude
What you need to have under your belt:
- University degree in marketing or communications
- At least three (3) years in a marketing position and at least one (1) in a management role
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communications skills
- Computer savvy
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those individuals authorized to work in Canada will be considered. We thank all candidates in advanced. Those who most closely fit the qualifications for this role will be contacted.